In 2020, Alnylam is partnering with the Rare Diseases Foundation to to reward two innovative projects in the field of rare diseases with a grant of €20,000 each.
Each prize will be awarded to an established researcher, scientific leader of a team attached to a French research organization, contributing through his or her research to major advances in the field of rare diseases, and will be allocated to the continuation of his or her work.
The winners will be designated by the Scientific Council of the Rare Diseases Foundation.
Projects should address one of the following themes:
- Technological improvements in the efficacy of RNA interference-based therapies.
- Research on rare diseases in which gene silencing is of therapeutic interest.
CONSTITUTION OF THE APPLICATION FILE :
- Cover page: first name, titles and date of birth of the applicant. Title and affiliation of the research team (INSERM, CNRS, University etc.)
-Curriculum vitae of the applicant including a list of publications
- His team's top five publications over the 2017-2020 period.
- A text of maximum four pages (single-spaced, Arial 11 font), without appendices, describing the team's main discoveries, the research program for the next two years and the use of the award in this program.
- A summary for the general public (1500 characters)
Applications must be sent electronically only with the mention " Alnylam Prize " to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications applications: January 14, 2021
The results will be communicated during April 2021 at the latest and the prizes will be awarded during the Annual Scientific Symposium of the Rare Diseases Foundation on May 17, 2021.