The Professor Daniel Scherman is an Exceptional Research Director at the CNRS. He is Doctor of State and a former student of the Polytechnical School.
Daniel Scherman was awarded the Great Prize of the « Emilia Valori » Sciences Academy for the application of chimical and biological sciences in November 2017. He is a member of the European Academy of Sciecnes EURASC. Manager of the Medicine and Life sciences unit.
Danier Scherman was also awarded of the following prizes : Experimental Uveitis Research Award – Deutsche Uveitis Arbeitsgemeinschaft ; Palmes Académiques ; Lauréat du Grand Prix de l’Académie Nationale de Médecine ; Médaille d’argent du CNRS ; Prix de la Recherche du groupe Rhône-Poulenc ; Prix de Neurobiologie de la Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale ; Prix de l’Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique.
Danier Scherman perfoms or performed recently the following functions :
- Director of the Centre de Recherche Pharmaceutique de Paris, à la Faculté de Pharmacie Université Paris Descartes
- President of the section «Pharmacologie-ingénierie et technologies pour la santé-imagerie biomédicale » of the CNRS
- Vice-Chairman of the programs« Horizon 2020 » ITN et FET-OPEN
- President of the prize of Pharmacology Institut de Prague/SANOFI/Académie des Sciences Tchèque since 2006.
- Founder and director of the Unité de Technologies Chimiques et Biologiques pour la Santé, CNRS- INSERM assoiate with the Université Paris Descartes and to the Ecole Chimie-ParisTech.
- President of the Committee « Vecteurs non-viraux » of the ESGCT, Société Européenne de Thérapie Génique et Cellulaire. Member of the Conseil Scientifique de la Société Américaine de Thérapie Génique ASGCT (3 elected terms).
- Manager for the conception and the realization of vectors for the clinal test of genetical therapy of phase I fot the personnalized treatment of the Age-related macular degeneration : project Target AMD of 7th PCRDT.
- Former Scientific Director and then expert for the GENETHON (2006-2009).
Daniel Scherman scientif works are translated by 450 published articles, of which 350 were published in peer-reviewed journals, 63 books or participations to these books, 42 patent families, 115 invited conference with internation congress. This is translated in the Web of Sciences by an h-index impact factor : 60 and by 14500 quotations.
Furthermore, Daniel Scherman edits the « Handbook of Gene Therapy and Genetic Pharmacology », Imperial College Press, 2014.
« The Foundation represent a remarkable model of collaboration between the sick people associations, the public organisations, and the people to move forward the knowledges about rare diseases, from their rapid diagnosis to the discovery of novel treatments, and to improve life quality of sick people. This is the meaning of my commitment and my struggle. »